In this episode, we talk about art, politics and plans for the future. This episode is a series of audio clips from team meetings and conversations recorded over the past six months. It is a reflection on the year so far- as we wrap up for Summer vacation. We will resume in the Fall, and are excited about our next storytelling event on 16 September. Listen to this episode for more information!
About The Author
Monica is an artist and educator. She is originally from California, lived in Amsterdam for 10 years and now lives in London. Her interest in hearing stories of migration stems from the people she's met along her own journey. She is currently pursuing her MFA at the Slade School of Fine Art in London.
- Hiraeth Ep. 32- The Third Space 06/05/2019In this episode, Monica talks to artist Farnaz Gholami. Farnaz is originally from Iran, but has lived in Boston, South Africa and now London. Farnaz talks about how her experience of moving and living in different places has affected her work. She talks about what it means to to find home, neither here nor there, […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 31- Reckless in Saying Yes 11/02/2019Describing herself as a child of "leavers and movers", Alissa Herbaly Coons has spent her life finding home around the world. From age five until the 9th grade, she lived in what she describes as a "very American" suburban neighbourhood in Montana. In high school she suddenly landed in Hungary in the middle of a […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 30- Choosing to Walk Away 20/12/2018Donna Bardsley grew up in a big, warm Mormon family on the west coast of the United States. Even more than her nationality, she considered Mormonism her primary identifier, and couldn’t imagine how to leave, even as the belief system she grew up with felt increasingly irrelevant to her life. For more info visit: www.hiraethmagazine.com
- Hiraeth Ep. 29- Window To Another Reality 24/09/2018‘I like to think of my work as a window to another reality, perhaps escapist and enchanting, like an hotel room, which is a symbol of a different reality than our daily life; perhaps a dreamlike experience, a place which is a temporary home.’ Michal Raz was born in Jerusalem and in spite of growing […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 28- Coming of Age in Trump's America 16/07/2018I had the pleasure of talking to two very astute young ladies. My daughter Luna and her friend Okxana. Both are 19 years old and go to college in Los Angeles, California. Luna has grown up between Europe and California. She lives in LA with her mom during the school year and, with her brother, […]