Farnaz talks about what it means to to find home, neither here nor there, but in the liminal space between places, otherwise known as, ‘The Third Space’.Read More
“I like to think of my work as a window to another reality, perhaps escapist and enchanting, like a hotel room, which is a symbol of a different reality than our daily life; perhaps a dreamlike experience, a place which is a temporary home.” – Michal Raz, artistRead More
As two young Mexican-American women growing up in America right now, Luna and Okxana share some of their experiences, as well as their fears and hopes for their country.Read More
- Hiraeth Ep. 32- The Third Space 06/05/2019In this episode, Monica talks to artist Farnaz Gholami. Farnaz is originally from Iran, but has lived in Boston, South Africa and now London. Farnaz talks about how her experience of moving and living in different places has affected her work. She talks about what it means to to find home, neither here nor there, […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 31- Reckless in Saying Yes 11/02/2019Describing herself as a child of "leavers and movers", Alissa Herbaly Coons has spent her life finding home around the world. From age five until the 9th grade, she lived in what she describes as a "very American" suburban neighbourhood in Montana. In high school she suddenly landed in Hungary in the middle of a […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 30- Choosing to Walk Away 20/12/2018Donna Bardsley grew up in a big, warm Mormon family on the west coast of the United States. Even more than her nationality, she considered Mormonism her primary identifier, and couldn’t imagine how to leave, even as the belief system she grew up with felt increasingly irrelevant to her life. For more info visit: www.hiraethmagazine.com
- Hiraeth Ep. 29- Window To Another Reality 24/09/2018‘I like to think of my work as a window to another reality, perhaps escapist and enchanting, like an hotel room, which is a symbol of a different reality than our daily life; perhaps a dreamlike experience, a place which is a temporary home.’ Michal Raz was born in Jerusalem and in spite of growing […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 28- Coming of Age in Trump's America 16/07/2018I had the pleasure of talking to two very astute young ladies. My daughter Luna and her friend Okxana. Both are 19 years old and go to college in Los Angeles, California. Luna has grown up between Europe and California. She lives in LA with her mom during the school year and, with her brother, […]
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.