Have a peek into our storytelling event, and go behind the scenes as we talk about some of our inspirations and intentions with Hiraeth magazine and podcast. Documented by Sarah A. Levitt.
- Hiraeth Ep 26- Harbours and Horizons 18/06/2018Our new Hiraeth poetry editor, Jez Keighley, talks about the beginnings of his poetry career, musical influences on his poetry and his poetry/music collaborations with 3Bop, an Italian jazz artist. Jez is originally from the north of England, and “ran away” to university when he was 18. After moving to Vienna for love and then […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 25- Heritage and Identity 04/06/2018Welcome back to our second season of the Hiraeth Podcast! This season will be focused around the themes of “heritage and identity.” What is heritage and how do we pack it with us from one place to the next? What does it mean to preserve one’s heritage and when does that become a bad thing? […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 24- Calmness Amidst Chaos 20/11/2017Francesca Aikman is an artist from the North West of England who lives and works in Amsterdam. She arrived directly after finishing a degree in Fine Art at university in Preston to take up a residency at OT303, and, without her really realizing or planning it, Amsterdam became home. Recently, she has been making small, […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 23- A Moving Legacy 02/10/2017In this episode, Sarah talks to Lucille Abendanon who has three nationalities and has lived in six different countries. Lucille shares not only her own story of movement, but also the incredible stories of her Dutch Oma and Opa who survived life in Japanese concentration camps. Lucille is a writer and values the power of […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 22- Crimea Calling 18/09/2017In 2010, Masha and her brother inherited her grandparents’ home in Crimea, the place of her birth. Last Spring, she traveled there and felt a tug to return and explore her roots. She has long felt the pull between lands and questioned her sense of identity- having lived in the US since the age of […]