Have a peek into our storytelling event, and go behind the scenes as we talk about some of our inspirations and intentions with Hiraeth magazine and podcast. Documented by Sarah A. Levitt.
- Hiraeth Ep. 31- Reckless in Saying Yes 11/02/2019Describing herself as a child of "leavers and movers", Alissa Herbaly Coons has spent her life finding home around the world. From age five until the 9th grade, she lived in what she describes as a "very American" suburban neighbourhood in Montana. In high school she suddenly landed in Hungary in the middle of a […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 30- Choosing to Walk Away 20/12/2018Donna Bardsley grew up in a big, warm Mormon family on the west coast of the United States. Even more than her nationality, she considered Mormonism her primary identifier, and couldn’t imagine how to leave, even as the belief system she grew up with felt increasingly irrelevant to her life. For more info visit: www.hiraethmagazine.com
- Hiraeth Ep. 29- Window To Another Reality 24/09/2018‘I like to think of my work as a window to another reality, perhaps escapist and enchanting, like an hotel room, which is a symbol of a different reality than our daily life; perhaps a dreamlike experience, a place which is a temporary home.’ Michal Raz was born in Jerusalem and in spite of growing […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 28- Coming of Age in Trump's America 16/07/2018I had the pleasure of talking to two very astute young ladies. My daughter Luna and her friend Okxana. Both are 19 years old and go to college in Los Angeles, California. Luna has grown up between Europe and California. She lives in LA with her mom during the school year and, with her brother, […]
- Hiraeth Ep. 27- Heritage From Below 02/07/2018A year ago, Hiraeth was invited to participate in a session on “Whose Heritages Matter” during a conference at Wageningen University in the east of the Netherlands. Meghann Ormond, Associate Professor in Cultural Geography at Wageningen, speaks about her own heritage, from her two passport countries, the U.S. and Portugal, as well as the Netherlands, […]